Reading My Way Around the World

Monday 7 April 2014

France


Listen to Free My Soul .   This is a song I wrote back in 2000 after I'd taken time out from touring for a while and took a job in a PR company for almost a year .... terrible year.

On the drive home to keep myself hyped up I would sing to myself and this came out - basically talking myself through the turns in the road.

Last year (2013) we had our first trip to France - a busman's holiday - a few cafe gigs and some time off with friends and family ...  Joy.
Le Trefle Irlandais in Le Dorat


The markets


The architecture....








 the wine :) 

and the sunshine ... 



 I've been in love with France since school days when the teacher spoke to us in French on our very first class in grammar school.   I did my degree in French and had always wanted to spend time there.  There are now a lot of expats living in France so it was quite difficult to get speaking the language, but nonetheless I loved our couple of weeks in the sunshine and new landscape.  It truly freed my head and my soul.

11 comments:

  1. Nice! I went to France, but made the mistake of only visiting Paris. It looks like I need to go back and visit everywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But Paris is fabulous Stephanie ... I'm looking forward to exploring a bit more of the country this year.

      Delete
  2. Never been across the Atlantic or over the North Pole.
    Nice song.

    Stop in from A to Z challenge.

    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not been across the North Pole either ... but it'd be an adventure for sure... I've been across the Atlantic a couple of times .... You have so much in your own country Peppy that you don't need to be going further afield ... but Europe's worth a trip.

      Delete
  3. France is beautiful but not as lovely as my favourite country in the world Ireland. I've kissed the Blarney Stone! It's gorgeous and the most talented, creative people in the world come from Ireland :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are going in May and I can't wait! Nice to connect and follow through a to z http://aimingforapublishingdeal.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to connect here Charlotte - I'm really enjoying your blog ... Have a ball in France :)

      Delete
  5. Lovely pictures.
    Check mine http://www.malavikka.blogspot.com//

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Malavikka - I've been over at your place ... great writing.

      Delete
  6. I love your abundant use of awesome photos, and am enjoying your music!

    Random Musings from the KristenHead — F is for 'Fringe' and 'Firefly': First-class Sci-fi Shows

    ReplyDelete

Do drop me a line ... I love to read your comments :)