Reading My Way Around the World

Monday 1 September 2014

Dappled …




I remember a poem when we were at primary school - about a fawn standing in a dappled glade.  I'm not quite sure if the fawn was dappled or the light was dappled, but I've always loved the word.

The shade has been dappled at our friends house this past few days … throwing gorgeous light and shade under and around the trees.  I hope the fawn has been coming out at night.









This sylvan scene was only spoiled by the flippin' flies torturing us - they'll be dappled too if I catch up with them!!!  :)

A huge thank you to everyone who came out to our gigs - on Friday night as guests at the Cahors Folk Club along with some brilliant performers from the area.   And then at Blanquefort, the Moulin, home of Geoff and Annie - and a fabulous meal of Moules Frites in between the music sets.

Do any of you remember that poem?  I'd love to find it again - the internet isn't proving satisfactory on this one.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Fil - looks gorgeous and dappled is glorious isn't it ... but those snapping, flippety gibbet flies are just plain unpleasant .. glad all is going well - but the poem I can't help with .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw it's just lovely Hilary - to build up some sun on the bones before heading back to the cold. Very slow internet though - I'm not getting to visit other blogs much. Off for another try now. Fil x

      Delete
  2. Love your photos Fil. Dappled light is such a fabulous treat isn't it? No clue about the poem though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's something playful about it isn't there? It makes me smile :)

      Delete

Do drop me a line ... I love to read your comments :)