Reading My Way Around the World

Saturday 25 October 2014

A dream for another day


I'm playing catch up on my 30 day challenge and going back through some drafts that I hadn't published I found this one.

I had wanted to share this picture that a friend of mine painted - it links in to a song I wrote called Dreaming back in the mid 90s before the ceasefires here ....

It won a song contest and one prominent politician when he heard it, commented "That'll split the camp!"  This is the story of it  - you can also hear the song there.

Colum McEvoy - a wonderful artist who hails from Rostrevor  - painted this representation of the first verse of the song ...
"I saw the devil, he was running after me
Past the Madonna who was happy just to be
in a room that was falling around her with thunder
that was coming from the floor not above like it should be
and when I looked around the door I just come running through was gone
and I awoke to find myself in the middle of this song
I'd been dreaming."

Colum illustrates books and his work has been exhibited across the world.   I love this picture - one day I might own the original.  


This is my  Day 14 blog of a 30 day blog challenge 






2 comments:

  1. Love it! Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking the time to wade through it Shirley!! Lovely to hear from you:)

    ReplyDelete

Do drop me a line ... I love to read your comments :)