Reading My Way Around the World

Monday 26 January 2015

Hello and Welcome

Watching me watching you!!
This guy was not taking his eyes off me.
Firstly a big welcome to all the new visitors to my blog here after yesterday's Blog Party hosted by Vicki at 2 Bags Full.  I had such a fun day.   And secondly a thank you to my regular readers - I hope you weren't too bored by hearing all my stuff again :)

My journey started at around 11am and took me around the world several times over - from North Wales to Tasmania, New Zealand to Normandy, South Carolina to Alaska, Singapore to the Pacific Northwest, and right across Canada and America seeing snow, sun, bright colours and wonderful crafting along the way.  What a delight it was.

I am so looking forward to finding out more about the many people who's names I added to my own Blog Reader and I've been inspired to share more, and to get on with getting out there more.

Here we've had the busiest week - we had an audit of sorts - to prove that we are self employed.   Yuk, yuk and yuk - 4 days of gathering paperwork ... and that in the middle of preparing songs for my seniors workshop this week and for new singers who are coming for classes as well as getting ready for an upcoming tour over in Scotland and England in the middle of February.  I feel seriously overwhelmed.

 "I ofen looked up at the sky an' assed meself the question – what is the stars? what is the stars?" – Captain Boyle, Act I  

To escape for a few hours we went out to see a classic Irish play on Saturday night.   Juno and the Paycock was written by Sean O'Casey and is a masterpiece. It is set in the tenements of Dublin in the early 1920s during the Civil War and is both hilariously funny and deadly serious at the same time (This link is to Widepedia and I'm sure there are much better sources, but it gives the basics).   The production was by a local group, the Newpoint Players, who, although they are an amateur group, are considered one of the best theatre groups in Ireland.   And they certainly proved their mettle.... Fantastic... I laughed and cried and had plenty to discuss on the way home.

Caption Please?
"Th' whole worl's in a terrible state o' chassis" – Captain Boyle, Act III . The Final line of the show.


And for the final line here tonight, I have to ask, what is it?   Any captions?  I took this photo when I was out walking at the shore the other day ... It made me laugh when I saw it. ...

4 comments:

  1. Caption: A dragon sleeps in his bath, unaware of the delicious humans foolishly taking his picture from the shore."
    Looking forward to your A to Z posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Susan
      Yes I'm looking forward to it.

      Delete
  2. The shape does remind me of a sweet natured sleepy dragon..
    Pretty blog..I just started following :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My caption would be, "Mud, mud, glorious mud...wait, this is the sea....????"
    Urgh, the audit sounds awful! I honestly don't know how I'd cope as a freelance musician xx

    ReplyDelete

Do drop me a line ... I love to read your comments :)