Reading My Way Around the World

Tuesday 10 November 2015

Visiting England - all the Bs

So, we're off on the road again - to England this time.   And we're visiting three Bs - Birmingham, Bradford and Bollington :)  Then up to Scotland for another three gigs there - in Leith, Irvine and Moffat.

Apart form looking forward to lovely folk clubs - the English and Scottish folk clubs are fantastic for great singers and for hearing and sharing wonderful songs - that aside, I always look forward to getting time to rummage around charity shops and finding nice coffee shops.

If any of you have any tips in any of those areas - especially for places that cater for gluten free, I would appreciate any and all ideas.   And even better, if you know of good places to find charity shops, or vintage shops, pass on the knowledge folks :)

We've been getting some lovely reviews for the new album - why not check some of them out at my website - all the details of the folk clubs are there as well -at www.filcampbell.com

If you're interested in keeping up to date with goings on in our wee world, would you like to sign up to my mailing list?  It usually gets sent out in advance of tours - perhaps 6 times a year so you'll not have your inbox full of spam unless I can find some willing slave to do some office work for me :)
Here's a direct link to sign up from.  You'll get a free copy of the CD Dreaming to download as a reward for signing up :)

Sign up to my Newsletter








All the best for now
Fil x



7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the album and have a wonderful time in England and Scotland. Sometimes, I so wish I was over there too. Since I moved to California, it's just so far. New York was so much closer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Inger - sometimes I think that we'd get to New York quicker than getting to some parts of Ireland ! But California is so beautiful.

      Delete
  2. Hi Fil - I had to look up Bollington - it tell's me it can be viewed from "Nancy's Place" ... that was enough information! Fun.

    Good luck with the tour and enjoy meeting new friends and seeing old ones ... I can't help with your thoughts re gluten free ... etc - though thankfully people seem to be aware of wheat related issues ... so I'm sure you'll find some wonderful places for a coffee and a chat ... cheers and enjoy - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilary :) Now I have to go and look up Nancy's Place lol

      Delete
  3. Have a wonderful time! Not sure where you'll be appearing in Birmingham but Kings Heath has a new vintage charity shop called Off The Scale selling by the kilo, it's got rave reviews! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually we're going to be in King's Heath - will definitely check that out Vix - thank you :)

      Delete
  4. Wishing you a wonderful tour Fil!

    ReplyDelete

Do drop me a line ... I love to read your comments :)