Reading My Way Around the World

Saturday 14 November 2015

Sending love to Paris

This guy cycled to the Bataclan with a piano on his back
and played John Lennon's Imagine.  The power of music. Photo via Facebook
On a wet miserable day here in Ireland, everyone is reeling to the news of the terrible tragedy unfolding in Paris.

Acts of violence like this sends so much hatred out into the world and we need to balance that with as much love as we can muster.  All the good Muslim people in France need support and courage to deal with the inevitable back lash of suspicion that will follow.

Things like this make me feel insignificant a lot of the time - years of shootings and bombings here in Northern Ireland left our souls scarred.  What's the point in doing something as frivolous as music in the face of such sorrow? -  I've often felt like that.  Then someone reminded me that when we sing or play an instrument we vibrate at different frequencies and we send those frequencies out and the listener receives healing on that vibrational point in their body.  It makes me feel so much better about it to think about it in those terms.

So today joining me in humming quietly or singing out loud - sad songs or happy or angry or whatever - Let's raise our voices to the roof and raising our vibrations with it and send love.






7 comments:

  1. Hi Fil - interesting and such a good post ... re the vibrations we give off. Such terrible tragedy - I wrote a different post for today ...

    I thought of the time I was in London with the bombs going off in the 70s ... but I reeled, like you, at these atrocities. Words cannot easily describe ... you've done well here - yes, let us raise our voices and send our peace-loving vibrations out into the wide world. Thanks Fil - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how terrible Hilary to have been in London at that bad time in our shared history. I'm going over to read your blog now. I hope you and yours are all safe this weekend x

      Delete
  2. You brought tears to my eyes Fil. Poor Paris. I will certainly have music on. Can't sing worth a damn I'm afraid. I remember the London bombings and, of course, the Irish ones. So pointless, so sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your prime minister spoke very eloquently last night Jo - I'm sure Canada is feeling this even more strongly than many countries. How does the world move forward in the face of such extremism. I hope you are all well x

      Delete
  3. So true. One little boy, who has some friendship and social issues, always likes to.say something to me before our music lesson. This Friday he said, music is the most important subject as it brings peace and brings people together. I think that the fact that some extreme Muslim sects believe music is forbidden and wont listen or play it is denying a lot of good, healing vibrations. I'm glad to teach Muslim children who can experience that with some parents who are very keen on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Kezzie, it's true what they say about out of the mouths of babes. I am so sure that you are healing generations through your teaching. i didn't know that some Muslim sects felt like that - I know that some extreme Presbyterians feel that way about music too, or did. How can anyone deny something so wonderful for the world. Stay safe.

      Delete
  4. It's so true, dear Fil. I ask permission to quote you on Monday. That was exactly what I needed to think in a better way. Because I wrote the post yesterday with a note for France, of course, and I read kind of 5 blogs that talked about the Paris attacks, so far, while others posted on Friday "if you didn't see my outfit, you must now, it's the best dress I have ever worn!" and I felt like "OMG, what's this? Is this life, like we wanted?" I was shocked by the lack of feelings from other people, but I can't judge it and I don't like to judge anyway. Now with your post I can see that maybe thinking of positive things makes a chain of good vibration and I really thank you for that, Fil. Once I was a teacher, for many years, and at one table at school sat together, and played together, a muslim boy, a jewish one and a christian one. And we all had a nice time. If only people could be pure as children.
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete

Do drop me a line ... I love to read your comments :)