Reading My Way Around the World

Monday 24 September 2018

losing it

Kettles on the lough during Storm Ali
lots of firewood as a result 
This morning started bright and early and with a spring in my step I decided to clear my desk before I even put coffee on - first find a certificate for one of last year's students who's mum was coming around to collect it at 11.

Not a problem

No.   Definitely not a problem.   I know exactly where it is.

I thought..


3 HOURS LATER .... a very distracted, frazzled and most annoyed other version of me finally gave up looking and thought I'd better get on with some other work and make a few phone calls.  

The (brown) photo envelope was on the sitting room table for weeks and only last week I tidied up and definitely put it in the office.

On the plus side, months of filing is done.  However ...

Finally, 5 hours later, I made a long overdue phone call and while telling my colleague about the problem and fiddling with a bunch of sheet music and knitting patterns in the sitting room, I felt a bit of card sticking out - and there it was - IN A WHITE ENVELOPE!!  Who puts certificates in white envelopes!

Definitely cracking up.   It must be old age setting in.     Now to find my glasses :)


I hope your Monday is a bit more organised and that you have a great week.

At least the blackberries survived the storm
and they're not even one bit stressed 

12 comments:

  1. How frustrating for you. I do that all the time!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's so annoying isn't it - glad to hear I'm not the only one lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got a bit of a habit of putting things down and then not being able to find them. I'm still looking for the pen that I put down for a second the other day. I mean, I've got dozens of identical pens but that was the one I was using at the time and it'd be nice to know where it went!

    Cait @ Click's Clan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pens are a disaster - I reckon there's a pen heaven somewhere - all the plectrums go there as well!!

      Delete
  4. So glad that I am not the only one who has those sort of 'moments'. Rather frustrating though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK Fil, you're not alone & K calls it "putting something in a safe place, so you can find it".(lol). Not unusual, when you get to my age. Have a great week & take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeh, the same places that we can never find again lol

      Delete
  6. Hi Fil - I know that feeling all too well - but am glad it came to light. Still as you say: filing done! Enjoy those blackberries and the autumnal fruits - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes exactly Hilary, look at the bright side - I can laugh about it now :)

      Delete
  7. It is frustrating isn't it, especially when you find things where you didn't expect them to be. Love blackberries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly - I once found my phone in the fridge! I had been looking for it for hours !

      Delete

Do drop me a line ... I love to read your comments :)