Reading My Way Around the World

Thursday 22 November 2018

A brief stop in the Lake District

For years we've driven past the Lake District on the M6; we even once did a folk club gig in Cockermouth and spent the next day visiting Wordsworth's  cottage.   But never had we managed to see the mountains as it was always, always, misty or raining.




But this trip, the weather was just perfect and we had a long weekend with my lovely cousins who have recently moved into the north lakes district.


Now I can see why everyone raves about the beauty of the area ... wow.


I do hope we'll be back again sometime.  



3 comments:

  1. Hi Fil - it is a glorious part of the world ... we used as kids to go up there every year and stay with my mother's first husband's family near Ambleside and row on the lake ... and walk ... but it is stunning - I hope you can get up again sometime soon - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a gorgeous place to go as a child - you must have lots of lovely memories. It really is a very special part of the world.

      Delete
  2. I've never been to the Lakes, one day ....

    ReplyDelete

Do drop me a line ... I love to read your comments :)