Reading My Way Around the World

Friday 24 November 2017

Tentacles for Tinies #WATWB

It's coming to the end of another month and time again for the next instalment of We Are The World Bloghop where bloggers post positive news stories.  I've been loving the search each month for a heart warming story to share.  This 9th edition is co-hosted by  Shilpa GargInderpreet UppalSylvia SteinSusan ScottAndrea Michaels and Damyanti Biswas .


I truly believe that the way forward on our planet at the moment is the small thing that is happening locally .. but in the bombardment of bad news we often miss out on these wonderful stories which could give inspiration to someone else to do something similar in their own area.  


This story caught my eye recently.  

Tentacles for Tinies

These crocheted octopuses from The Rotunda Foundation and the Rotunda Knitters are helping comfort the premature babies in Dublin's Rotunda Hospital  Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.  
The tentacles of the crocheted octopus resemble the umbilical cord and remind babies of being inside the womb.
Read more here about the same initiative in the Neonatal Unit in Poole hospital in the South of England.




Every month since the We Are The World Bloghop started there have been wonderfully inspiring stories from all corners of the globe.   Follow along at the Facebook link.  Or better still, why not put up a story of your own.  




7 comments:

  1. OMG! This is such an incredible and amazing initiative. So simple yet so powerful and meaningful. Thanks for sharing this beautiful and heartwarming story, Fil :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Fil. I don't have FB, but I was very touched by the story above & may see (when I have time) if I can have a quick peak at any of the above links you put up. Hopefully see you on the Photo Scavenger Hunt. Take care & huggles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fil - great idea isn't it ... Tentacles for Tinies makes sense - and I'm sure I've seen them around .. but great to know the hospital in Dublin is on board with them ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a fabulous story and brilliant idea! Just the name Tentacles for Tinies makes my heart smile. A perfect share - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I love this initiative!
    People are so creative...
    The world just needs to be exposed to more of these feel-good stories which ARE out there, so as to overshadow the negative ones.
    Thank you for sharing this, Fil!

    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was such a beautiful post, dear Fil! This initiative for babies in intensive care is really amazing. It's so nice that when human beings try to do something with their hearts, so much is achieved! I hope you have a beautiFIL Sunday! (Did you like the pun? It came to my mind because you are truly beautiful!) Hugs!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful initiative. And it is so true: we need to hear more about kindness and helpfulness in this world that can be so ugly at times.

    ReplyDelete

Do drop me a line ... I love to read your comments :)