Reading My Way Around the World

Friday 8 April 2016

Photo Scavenger Hunt March 2016

Many thanks to Jill, aka Greenthumb from Made with Love for hosting this monthly Scavenger Hunt - it's a great way to reflect on a month passing and to get a peak into the lives of the other participants.  

We've been in Australia for the past 5 weeks and had gigs both good and bad, visited loads of relatives and survived a really bad flu bug.  Here's a look back over the month - apologies for adding some extra pics for illustration purposes.  (And apologies for my formatting which is all over the place - it's been really hard getting good internet connections for long enough to post photos).



Here's the March List

Local

Local musicians in Picton, NSW, playing a session for St Patrick's Day
We joined in for a couple of hours - playing Irish music under the Southern Cross


City
An astounding building in Sydney
Stripes



One of my favourite pieces 
in the Native Australian part of Canberra's National Gallery.
and a close up of the stripes


Street art

There is so much street art around Melbourne - every available space is covered.   These are just a couple I managed to get.




Tiles
A mosaic on the walkway at Shellharbour, NSW


Rocks

I loved this shot of the rocks at Shellharbour, NSW
If you look closely you can see a young lad jumping into the waves
Stairs
An old Gold Mine outside Parkes.  I loved the colours where the rock had sort of rusted.
There were photos of the families who worked there back in the early 1900s
who lived on Struggle Street!!   What a life!




Hair
Try getting a comb through that hair!   At Dubbo Zoo.
And much shorter hair!
I had just come down with the flu which developed into a blocked saliva gland - fun, not,
but dragged myself out of bed to feed these guys - talk about putting a smile on your face :) 
Measure
Flood measures - at every creek along the road -
a sign warning about flooding and then this depth measure.
Lots of the big 4x4 cars  have air filters above their roofs so they can go through
brilliant simple idea. 

Large
This big boy was hiding in the grass as we drove away from Braidwood.
We saw a whole family the night before - just when I was starting to think
they didn't exist - he must have been the Daddy.
They camouflage themselves so well and look just like gum trees in the distance.



For one

I have to preface this by saying I'm not a doggy person - at all, but this wee chap just took over my heart - Monty the Pug.  Who couldn't love that face :))   He made me laugh and smile and had me on the grass chasing me around the garden - hysterical.  

My love and devotion is only for you!!!  And for what you can feed me :)


Landscape
The Western Plains  of New South Wales
I loved this flat landscape and big sky - pity it wasn't blue this day
Well that's my overview of the month - thanks again to Jill - why not follow the link at the top and play along for the April prompts - it's a great fun way of trying to get photos.  
Take care and see you soon

8 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you got so sick. Not fun at all. Looks like you are having a great time and really enjoyed your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so amazing pics and stories! I loved to see the art, the giraffes, the camouflage daddy :) among gum trees :) And Monty the pug! I am not really a dog or cat person, but I love some that are really special! This one seemed to be so, of course! I really think you had a nice time down there, but also with a cold, not so good, of course. Hope you are now totally recovered and that you come up with new adventures! Soon you will go to Germany, right?
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your Australian theme. I could really feel the atmosphere in Local. The native art is beautiful and the boy jumping off the rocks was a great shot. Hope you're feeling better - there are a lot of these bugs around at the moment. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab Aussie photos Fil, looks like you saw some great Outback places. Superb pic of the lion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fil!!!!!!!!!!! So lovely to hear from you! Glad you had an amazing time!
    I LOVE the rock picture- that person diving off, the proud cloudscape. How amazing to see the gold mine too and the kangaroo OR wallaby!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delight to see your Aussie photos Fil!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Lion shot made me laugh but I loved all your take on the word prompts to illustrate your comment. Of course who donen't love the opera House and I also love those stripes, street art and tile shots. Hope to see you next month when Jill puts the words up for us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such wonderful pictures taken on a great trip.Thanks for sharing.
    I can't imagine jumping off that rock. What a brave soul!

    ReplyDelete

Do drop me a line ... I love to read your comments :)