Reading My Way Around the World

Friday 25 October 2019

The Search Engine that Plants Trees #WATWB


Ecosia - the search engine that plants trees


We've just started using this search engine to see how it compares to Google which frankly I am fed up with - they are everywhere - sorry Google, if you're watching this!!  

Ecosia makes its money just like any other search engine, by advertising, and for every 50 searches they earn enough to plant a tree.  So far they've planted over 71 million. 

Furthermore they don't share your details, they're completely transparent with their accounting and all the hardware they use is carbon neutral as far as possible.   It all sounds good.   Another small way to help the planet.  
Here's a review ...

https://www.patharoundtheworld.com/ecosia-review/


Joining in again with We Are The World Blogfest #WATWB - spreading positive news across the Blogosphere.


6 comments:

  1. The idea behind Ecosia is wonderful! I did try it briefly a while back, but their search results weren't as good. Time to give it another shot. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting! I'm not the best user of the "googling" world, but do rely on it to search for things when I need to do so. Take care & have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds good! Google are too powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Fil - I've joined ... or started the process - and when I switch off and re-load tomorrow a.m. - I'll find out! It sounds like a great idea - and if through using it - we can plant more and more trees - then that's great news. Wonderful - I'd never heard of it ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, I've never heard of it before Fil, I too will give it a go. The more trees the merrier. We need them badly when one thinks of the Amazon burning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great knowledge, do anyone mind merely reference back to it. Good Luck for his future ahead! Maharaja Express

    ReplyDelete

Do drop me a line ... I love to read your comments :)