Reading My Way Around the World

Wednesday 23 August 2017

Get ready for Oulo

Have you ever, or did you ever, or do you ever hold an imaginary guitar in your hand and rock it out to a song on the radio?    It's like an instinct for my generation I think.   But would you go as far as taking part in a competition?

Well today marks the start of the Air Guitar World Championships!  In Oulu, northern Finland, which has become synonymous with the competition.   There have been preliminary rounds happening all over the world since April ... I kid you not.  

This is a video of the winner from last year.   I could only cope with watching about 5 seconds of it :) see how far you can get .... These guys look so geeky but they're really funny and having great craic.  

Have fun.   

6 comments:

  1. Hi Fil - I probably watched a little more - as I was completely bemused by the whole thing ... well if they're having fun - that's just great: but not for me!! cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bemused is certainly the word Hilary ... I don't get it at all ....But as you say, if they're having fun!

      Delete
  2. I veeery few times did it, dear Fil, because I felt a bit strange :) But I know that there is the air guitar competition, I just didn't know that it would be in Oulo now :) 1:25 I could watch, it's really not my thing - I guess neither yours, with 5 seconds :) And I don't blame you! Hugs!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to confess to having done it myself too at times Denise - at rock concerts when you think no-one is watching lol

      Delete
  3. You sure learn about all kinds of things on the blogs. Never heard of this before.

    ReplyDelete

Do drop me a line ... I love to read your comments :)