Reading My Way Around the World

Friday 5 March 2021

Signs of Spring

 Joining in with Kates's weekly photo scavenger hunt today.   And the prompt is

Signs of Spring


We had a couple of glorious days last weekend and got lots of pruning done - the rhodedendron finally got its comeuppance, and it's now got a reprieve until it blooms when it's going to get another onslaught from my loppers.  

I've been setting seeds and in the music world I'm finally getting motivated to produce work - we're preparing for filming The Emigrant Woman's Tale next week and I'm delighted to have another deadline to work to - a song to record, pieces to learn and rehearse.   We've already done the outline and running order  and energy seems to be rising along with the daffodils and crocuses.  

I always bring in a stem of forsythia early in the year and the buds and flowers are just starting to show now.  


New neighbours have moved in next door ... 


and signs of spring are everywhere .... 





Things are looking up.  Take care and have a lovely weekend.  



19 comments:

  1. I remember snow drops and also how lovely spring was in Sweden. We had a huge forsythia bush in our garden and you knew spring was here for sure when it burst out in bloom. Thanks for the memories and all the best for the work that you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Inger - I love seeing the first snowdrops

      Delete
  2. The Emigrant Woman’s Tale - how exciting! off to check the link after I have pressed publish, and I rather like the neigh-baas!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your neighbours; ours 'went' early in the year and every day I look out to see if they have returned, possibly with lambs. I agree that so many buds on so many plants are appearing. Now if only the weather was warmer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh yes - looking forward to a bit of heat - there was a teaser last week, warm enough to have lunch outside but it didn't last long

      Delete
  4. We used to have forsythia but it got a bit unruly where we’d planted it so we gave it to our neighbour and I am always a little envious of it now as it looks fabulous in their garden 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine has never really done well at all but I keep trying :)

      Delete
  5. Your pictures and stories really show spring is almost ready to burst out. Love the forsythia and I'm sure it is filling your room with its gorgeous scent. The sheep across the fields have not lambed yet. As we don't get out they will be the first we will see. Good luck with the filming of The Emigrant Woman’s Tale. Looks very interesting. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jak. and it's lovely seeing sheep in the field

      Delete
  6. Hi Fil - they're lovely photos - and yes Spring is definitely springing ... so pleased you're enjoying seeing it all happen together - stay safe - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been great being home this year - normally we'd be off on some motorway missing all the nice signs of Spring.

      Delete
  7. I have a forsythia in my garden but there's no sign of any buds yet, it must still be too cold for them. I love your new neighbours :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no signs on my plant outside either

      Delete
  8. Hi Fil. The leaf cage you were admiring on my last post for the photo hunt is now something I bought. I was given some wire fencing so just made it into a round shape, overlapped the ends and secured them, then once in place in the garden I hammered some metal rods into the ground in about 3 or 4 places and then tied the wire circle to the stakes. Hope this is useful and that it makes sense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really useful, yes - I'm just amazed that the leaves don't blow away

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous spring photos

    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucky you to have buds starting!
    How exciting to be filming, will that be something to see online?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so - not sure of details yet but I'll post it here once it's ready.

      Delete

Do drop me a line ... I love to read your comments :)