Reading My Way Around the World

Sunday 28 February 2021

Kezzie's Fancy Dress Online Birthday Party

Happy Birthday Kezzie.

I've had such fun dressing up as a character from Doctor Who for my blogging friend Kezzie's 40th fancy dress birthday party.   We're sci fi nerds in this house, and Tom particularly loves Doctor Who.  So it was an obvious one for me to choose Missy, the female version of the Master from a few series back.  Felt a bit more like Mary Poppins though lol 



I had a hard time trying to keep the stern face that Missy always wore and ended up laughing more than suitable - could do with her make up artist to finish it off too but she was a hoot to do.  Loved it.   Now I know what you get from cosplays Kezzie, which you do so brilliantly.   



Wishing you a wonderful 40th birthday.  (the 40s are good years) 


May the coming years keep you bright and wonderful- may they give you lots of adventures, some lovely surprises,  plenty of music and lots of fun.  

Thanks for a fun party :) xx






18 comments:

  1. Brilliant! You nailed Missy - well done 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Susan - makes me long for chances to dress up more.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful to see Fil - looks like you had lots of fun ... fantastic ...thanks for sharing and I loved the card ... enjoy Spring springing ... Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great fun Hilary - and great to see the Spring springing :)

      Delete
  4. Fantastic - what a great look! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment Vix - you're the queen of dressing up:)

      Delete
  5. Ah, you look sssssssssssssssssuperb!!!!! I love this so much and I adore that you had so much fun with it! Your outfit is absolutely spot on and the hair is wonderful! You make a GREAT Missy! And yes, she's definitely demented Mary Poppins! She's bonkers isn't she!!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Kezzie - so delighted you approved :) x

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful outfit! You look great. I also like how green everything seems to be. The spring has arrived.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ivana :). Yes spring is showing signs here.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for stopping by my blog as well. Have a nice day.

      Delete
  7. Your outfit is a fabulous look, Fil - you kind of look like Maggie Smith too! Wasn't it fun dressing up for Kezzie? I loved it. :) Thanks very much for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You definitely emulated Maggie Smith's look to perfection, Fil. I'm hearing you on keeping a straight face though :-) Thank you so much for your comment on my blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Fil, my lovely. I did send you an instagram DM but I am not sure if you get those or not so I am coming to find you here instead! I just wanted to say thank you somuch for the lovely card, bookmark and of course the book you sent me. It was such a sweet surprise and I really appreciated it. The Birds Christmas card is so lovely! Hope you have a lovely Christmas. xx

    ReplyDelete

Do drop me a line ... I love to read your comments :)