Reading My Way Around the World

Thursday 19 February 2015

Restaurants worth a mention

We eat out a lot when we're travelling and every time I'm in a nice place I keep thinking I should start a wee review page.  So here goes.   And I should say, these are my opinions and this record is mainly as a reminder for me that when I'm back here in a year or 18 months, there'll be somewhere I can recommend to myself :)

Today we were in The Apiary on  Newington Road,  in Edinburgh

It is superb.   5*

This is our second visit here.  It serves food all day which is very useful and has a really interesting menu.  It's also licensed.  Furthermore, I have loads of food allergies - a real pain - but the staff couldn't do enough for me.  

We came in on a tester day which meant the menu was half price and was superb.  And even at full price it was not overly expensive - £9.50 each for starter and main course.   Check out the menu here

If you're in the area and looking for a mid priced good meal, give it a shot.  

The quality of these photos isn't great - they were taken on my phone which is a bit old, but I hope you get the atmosphere.  Check out their website for a better view.

A final note, the restaurant don't know I'm writing this review.

3 comments:

  1. Is there a bee-keeping link, I wonder? It sounds nice.How is the tour going?x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lovely place and to get a mains and a starter at under £10 seems very cheap to me for a restaurant. You found a good one here and it's a good idea to write reviews of places so that others can benefit from unbiased comments. I often post a review on tripadvisor or the good pub guide if we've had a lovely meal and great service as it's nice to give someone praise for a good job :-) P.S. Hope the tour is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fil - great idea to start a tabbed restaurant section ... we never know do we .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete

Do drop me a line ... I love to read your comments :)