Reading My Way Around the World

Thursday 31 December 2015

Happy New Year and thank you...



I love these quieter days between Christmas and the New Year, where there's not much office work to be done, and no big meals to prepare for, and there's time to sit around in your dressing gown and catch up.  
Blogging has fallen by the wayside for me these past couple of months and in looking forward to a bright brand new year I think I'm going to resist the temptation to get into any big blog challenges.  There are so many things I'd like to do but it ends up going into a long list of wishes and nothing gets done at all.   So I vow to be kinder to myself this year and take the pressure off. 


Playing road bowls with some friends on the Sunday after Christmas

Thank you to all you wonderful bloggers that I've enjoyed following over the past 12 months.   May your writing hands continue painting your wonderful stories.  
To Kezzie at KezzieAG -  I wish you continued joy and success with your students and with your music and your life with CBC. 
To Deborah at Temenos of the Blessing Light -  I thank you for all the joy you bring to your readers.  May your wisdom and insight continue to grow and may all your projects be a huge success.
To Hilary at Positive Letters .... inspirational stories .... - your journeys around England are a delight to follow.   I wish you a wonderful year to come, with lots more travels on the cards for you. 
To Jo at JO ON FOOD, LIFE AND A SCENT OF CHOCOLATE thank you for all the great recipes you share with us.  I hope your bowling group win the league next year and that you and your husband stay well and happy.  
To Inger at  Desert Canyon Living  - thank you for sharing your life with us here.   Here's wishing you a good year to come with lots more stories from the canyon.
To Vicki at Vintage Vixen  - what fun it is watching your love of vintage - I've learned so much from following your site and have plucked up the courage to try things I'd never have tried wearing before. (no pictures! lol)   Have a very profitable and successful year's trading.  
To Pempi  at Special Teaching at Pempi's Palace - who was one of the first friends I made on here through the A to Z challenge.   Your work with young ones is so inspiring to follow. Happy New Year .

There are many more who I dip in and out of every few weeks:  - here's just a few  ...The Slightly Eccentric Diary of Rob Z Tobor...worth a read for another view of the world; our fashion expert, the beautiful Denise in South America Denise's Planet; the lovely book reviews and life on an island from Cait at Click's Clan;  the writings of  Father Nature's Corner; and many many more who's photographs, writing and art give me great pleasure to follow.   

I wish you all a wonderful 2016 and I look forward to my daily trips around the world that your blogs bring me to.

Happy New Year :) 


followed by a session in the house
where the wee ones had a wonderful band playing for them
to jump about and dance all evening.  





6 comments:

  1. Hi Fil - Happy New Year to you too ... you've lots planned, so can understand the being here and blogging when you're able to and visiting as and when .. thanks so much for your card - I'm still catching up!

    Thanks so much for the shoutout and for reminding us of other bloggers - half I know, half I should meet anon. ...

    For now Happy New Year and all the very best for 2016 - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to you Hilary :) I hope you haven't been too badly hit with the floods down your way.

      Delete
  2. Awww, that's lovely! Thank you for your friendship this year, it has been lovely to know you !!!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you and a Happy New Year, Fil. Your blog is always entertaining and I can understand your reasons behind not joining in any marathon blogging challenges. I look forward to reading new blogs you have recommended and I wish you all the best for 2016 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to hear from you - have a great year :)

      Delete

Do drop me a line ... I love to read your comments :)