Reading My Way Around the World

Saturday 5 December 2015

Show us your self(ie)

Reverb 15 - day 5 - hosted by Kat McNally and today's prompt ::

Go on, show us your selfie! You know you want to.
If you've been a part of Reverb before, you know that this is the bit where I invite you to share your favourite photo of yourself from the year (selfie or otherwise). 
I don't like getting photos taken when I'm singing - my face is always screwed up somehow and I look really dorkish or should that be dork -y?  So I was really chuffed with this nice one taken by  Michel during the house concert we did in his home in September.


Gosh, I didn't realise how stressful it would feel putting this up - it's one thing sending photos to a promoter and letting him post them, but it makes me very nervous, panicked even, putting one up myself ... what is it they say about performers being shy?! lol 
 I'm hitting publish quickly or it won't go at all...

7 comments:

  1. A lovely photo indeed! And I smiled when I read your post - it never once occured to me that you might be nervous about being seen. We are all such amazingly complicated creatures aren't we?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand. I don't like posting photos of myself and if I wasn't a writer/author, I would use something else as my pic for social media other than me. Glad you hit post as the photo is a wonderful one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fil - it's a great photo ... I just hate photos of me! Any sort ... but I must get over that hurdle ... Michel's done you proud .. and you've done you proud with the dress/blouse and the guitar and that back ground - works magically. Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look totally caught up in making music - beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely picture Fil. I don't think I have a pic lately that I liked. My favourites are from about 45 years ago LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Photo and somehow knowing that a performer gets anxious about posting photos allows me to relax a bit around that for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This photo looks really great! It seems like your sinning some pretty, calm song. And I can truly say you feel yourself relax as you sing for those who you like, yeah?

    ReplyDelete

Do drop me a line ... I love to read your comments :)